Please Note that the below information was updated on March 2021. We are trying our best to update it as soon as possible for travelling to Hong Kong in August. Please follow the instructions given by the university regarding your travel. Contact us if you have any questions.
This information is prepared with inputs form HK government websites and personal experiences of students who returned to Hong Kong recently. Please inform us if there is any mistake or anything to be added.
2. Student Visa/ Travel visa
3. Flight tickets
4. Student Id and Hong Kong ID
5. Offer letter(for freshmen)
6. COVID-19 test report:
a) Name as in Passport
b) Date & Time of specimen collection (not over 72 hours old)
c) Specification of Nucleic Acid Test for COVID-19 or similar terms
d) Result clearly showing "NEGATIVE"
letter if the
report shows "NOT DETECTED"
8. ISO certificate for the lab where COVID-19 test was conducted(In case you don't have a ISO certificate, a government certification letter of that lab also works)
9. Copy of hotel confirmation:
a. Arrival date as the check-in date
b. Name as in Passport
10. U2 undertaking deportation form Indemnity quarantine cost form
11. All travellers need to submit the “Health & Quarantine Information Declaration” form with theirsmartphone before boarding.
Be safe. Wear mask at all times!
1. Go through document
verification before sample collection.
2. Download the “Home Stay App” and collect the quarantine self-check kit.
3. Sample collection for testing will take place at the TSCC (Temporary Specimen Collection Centre) after document verification.
4. The waiting period for test results to arrive is 8 hours or more(Due to the recent developments, the waiting period can be as less as 3 -4 hours).
5. Refreshments and water will be available at the waiting area.
6. Immigration procedures and baggage collection will happen after the COVID19 test results arrive.
7. You will be taken to the designated quarantine hotel via a government vehicle.
Have a safe jouney!
As per the most recent rules, there is a 21 day mandatory Quarantine period for people entering Hong Kong from India and there are 36 designated Quarantine hotels in various parts of Hong Kong. Airport to Hotel transit is in a designated government vehicle. Kindly remember there is a NO VISITOR policy during the quarantine. You will undergo two COVID-19 tests during the 21 day quarantine period. After completing your quarantine, you can reach the CityU Student Residence via Local Taxi, Uber, MTR or Bus (Taxis are advised).
If you need any help, contact us!
Groceries can be ordered
online via: Panda Mart or ParkNShop. You will have a very small
refrigerator to store food thus ordering dry snacks, instant foods
and fruits for immediate intake is advisable. You will require
drinking water for the period of 21 days for which you can either
heat water in the electric kettle provided to
purify it or you can order packaged water from the grocery stores.
You will require a
*Referral cashback from these third party platforms will be transferred to ISA's fund.
We are very excited to meet you!